The site of Dunkin’ Donuts’ first store 68 years ago today became the site of its newest “next generation concept store” on Washington Street in Quincy, Massachusetts, and this one sports a shorter name out front — Dunkin’ — a news release said.
The tech-heavy location features the chain’s first exclusive mobile order drive-thru, kiosks, newly outfitted employees and lots off natural light.
“The launch of our next generation concept store marks one of the most important moments in Dunkin’ Donuts’ growth as an on-the-go, beverage-led brand,” Dunkin’ Donuts U.S. and Canada President Dave Hoffmann, said in the release. “We have worked closely with our franchisee community to create a positive, energetic atmosphere for our guests that remains true to our heritage, while emphasizing and enhancing the unparalleled convenience, digital innovation and restaurant excellence that distinguishes Dunkin'”
The concept store features include:
- It’s open and airy:Lighter colors, open layout and lots of light froom the sun to boost the energy of the interior.
- Super-speedy drive-thru:Allows loyalty club members who order ahead via mobile app to bypass order lane and go to pick-up window line, which the brand said is a first for a national brand.
- Tap-delivered cold drinks and maximized hot drink delivery:New tap system serves eight consistently cold beverages like coffee, tea, nitro-brews and cold brews, while crew members maximize espresso machines for handmade drinks and a single-cup machine allows for grinding and brewing select coffee varieties one cup at a time.
- Kiosks … or not:Fully-integrated digital kiosks coming this year and a dedicated mobile pickup area in-store to expedite orders, while a digital order status board updates guests on order readiness. Counter service is available for those who prefer humans.
- New uniforms with energized messaginglike “Drink Coffee. Be Awesome,” from Life is Good, which along with Dunkin’ spreads positivity messaging and support for kids through their foundations.
- Greater Grab &Go items:Bottled beverages, snacks, bananas, mini oranges and grapes, yogurt parfaits, granola, beef jerky and other offerings here for the guy or gal going ultra-fast.
- Increased Energy Efficiencyas a Green Achievement restaurants designed to save 25 more energy than standard locations.
The 2,200-square-foot Quincy location is the first of at least 30 new and remodeled Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants that will test variations of the new design this year. Dunkin’ Donuts’ final new store design is expected to be unveiled once testing is complete. The Quincy store is also one of a select number of Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants testing new signage that refers to the brand simply as “Dunkin’.”
Copyright © 2018 Networld Media. All rights reserved.