- Starbucks, McDonald’s, and Dunkin’are battling for morning-coffee customers.
- But which has the best-tasting coffee?
- I tasted a regular coffee, an espresso-based drink, and a frozen coffee drink from each of the three chains.
- Starbucks came out as the overall winner, with the best regular coffee and frozen coffee drink.
- McDonald’s coffee drinks tasted good, but the mocha and the caramel frappé didn’t taste how I expected them to.
When it comes to coffee, most people know exactly how they like it: black and scalding hot, syrupy sweet with a swirl of whipped cream, or somewhere in between. Where you get your fix is also a key detail, and in the Starbucks-Dunkin’ battle for coffee-chain dominance, there are fierce supporters on both sides.