Top News

Last Remaining Salem Location Of Allan’s Coffee & Tea, Aka The Beanery, Has Closed

From: statesmanjournal.com

Allan Stuart founded his coffee roastery, then called Allann Bros. Coffee, in Ashland in 1972. Just a few years later in 1975 he opened his first Salem cafe location at 545 Court Street.

Over the course of the next 46 years, the company has operated several “The Beanery” cafe locations in Salem. The original location closed in 1997 to make way for Courthouse Square, to be followed by a downtown location at 220 Liberty Street NE. In 1996 they opened Sunnyslope Center Beanery on Liberty Road South, which lasted 12 years in that location. In 2014 they opened an Allann Bros. drive through in South Salem at 1120 Royvonne Street, a location that since July 2018 has housed smoothie shop Berry Smooth.

To Top