Lavazza is a proud sponsor and supporter of the 2017 James Beard Foundation Awards, having presented Ghaya Oliveira, from Daniel in New York, with the Outstanding Pastry Chef Award last night at the Lyric Opera of Chicago. During the gala, Lavazza fueled JBF Awards attendees with espresso, a signature Shakerato cocktail and a special dessert prepared by JBF winner Gale Gand.
The Outstanding Pastry Chef Award is presented to an exemplary chef or baker who prepares desserts, pastries, or breads in a restaurant, and who serves as a national standard bearer of excellence. Qualifications include that they must have been working as a pastry chef or baker for the past five years.
The nominees for the 2017 JBF Awards Outstanding Pastry Chef were:
• Kelly Fields of Willa Jean (New Orleans, LA)
• Maura Kilpatrick of Oleana (Cambridge, MA)
• Margarita Manzke of République (Los Angeles, CA)
• Dolester Miles of Highlands Bar & Grill (Birmingham, AL)
• Ghaya Oliveira of Daniel (New York, NY)