Merlo has coffee lovers of all kinds covered this Christmas
Coffee lovers come in all shapes, sizes and levels of caffeine commitment. This year Merlo has released the Caffeinated Christmas Gift Guide, a comprehensive guide on what to buy the coffee nut this festive season, be they a Newer Brewer or a Coffee Connoisseur. All gifts can be found online at merlo.com.au (and can be posted anywhere!) or at one of Merlo’s Torrefaziones (listed below).
The Friend of Merlo Card – FREE!
For Christmas scrooges this is the ultimate gift that keeps on giving! The Friend of Merlo card is free, and comes already loaded with two free coffees. It’s a perfect gift for that new “friend” or work colleagues. If you want to go the extra mile, you can load money onto the gift card for your giftee to use to buy their coffees, beans or machines. An added bonus – if you load $50 onto the card, get a 10% discount! Perfect for everyone from the Newer Brewer to the Coffee Connoisseur.
The Merlo Keepcup – $12.00
It’s environmentally friendly and keeps coffee hot on the go. Plus it looks great. Excellent stocking filler or work gift.
Geisha Panama Beans from the Don Pachi Estate (December Bean of the Month) – from $20.00
Take home beans for 125g – $20.00, 200g – $26.00, 250g – $32.00, 500g – $64.00 and 1kg – $120.00
The extremely rare and award winning, Geisha Panama bean from the Don Pachi Estate is a great Christmas Gift for any coffee lover. It’s something a little bit special. It’s grown by the Serracin family, (who won the 2011 Best of Panama Award for their Geisha crop), in Boquete at Don Pachi Estate, on the border of La Amistad National Park, in North of Panama.
The Brew Bro Merlo Tee-Shirt – $24.95
Another limited edition, and produced as a direct response to customers constantly asking for one, this Merlo-blue tee-shirt is perfect for the coolest coffee dude. The front features a caffeinated twist on the famous quote, “feedback is the breakfast of champions”. The back is adorned with “when it pours it reigns”. Small, medium and large size available.
The Merlo Coffee Cup USB Stick – $24.95
The ultimate Coffee Geek present.
The Merlo Coffee Appreciation Session – $25pp
No matter what level of coffee understanding, learning the ins and outs of the little brown bean is knowledge truly appreciated globally. Merlo’s Coffee Appreciation Sessions are perfect for individuals and groups and make the perfect Christmas present! Each hour-long Coffee Appreciation includes a continental breakfast or brunch, a tour of the roasting facility, a short history of coffee, a sample of two origin beans, and a merlo coffee blend, expert advice on making the best coffee at home and a sample bag.
Coffee Encounters: Adventures – the limited edition coffee table book – $69.95
This limited edition beautiful coffee table book tells the story of conquering 14 coffee growing countries in 65 days and includes Merlo’s journey to the Mexican Finca Kassandra – Pacamara Estate. It’s a wonderful present for a coffee connoisseur and for those hard to buy for.
The Mypressi Twist (handheld portable espresso maker) – $269.95
This is undoubtedly the perfect gift for the DIY barista.
Giotto Rocket Plus Espresso Machine – $2750.00
The ultimate gift for budding baristas! A premium plus coffee machine packed with advanced features, stylish design and perfect for coaxing the best out of the bean. A total Christmas indulgence (albeit one the whole family will ultimately enjoy!).
Stocking Fillers – various
- Merlo Coffee Limited Edition Blend Mugs – 19.95
- Three cup Euroline plunger – $22.00
- 200g Arriba Arriba blend – $9.75
- Merlo Espresso cup and saucer – $5.40
- 1kg tin of Merlo’s classic Private Blend Beans – $34.50
- Merlo’s famous Chocolate Coated Coffee Beans – $8.95
BarMerlos can be found at:
- BarMerlo QUT: Level 1, X Block, QUT Gardens Point Campus
- BarMerlo George St: 239 George Street, Brisbane
- BarMerlo Queen St: 344 Queen Street, Brisbane
- barmerlo UQ: SS&H Library, Duhig Building, UQ St Lucia Campus, St Lucia
- barmerlo Riverside: Riverside Centre Foyer, 123 Eagle Street
- barmerlo South Bank: Southbank Institute of Technology, 66 Ernest St, Southbank
- BarMerlo Brisbane Domestic: Brisbane Domestic Airport, Arrivals Level
- BarMerlo International airport: Brisbane International Airport, Departure & Check-in L4
Merlo Torrefaziones (roasting houses) are at:
- Bowen Hills Torrefazione: 10 Thompson Street, Bowen Hills
- Fortitude Valley Torrefazione: 104 McLachlan St, Fortitude Valley
- Paddington Torrefazione: 1/78 Latrobe Tce, Paddington
- Southport Torrefazione: Ferry Rd Markets, 107 Ferry Rd, Southport
- Springfield Torrefazione: Orion Springfield Town Centre, Springfield Lakes
- Coorparoo Torrefazione: Shop 4, Woolworths Centre, 19-41 Harries Rd, Coorparoo