Features New Look, Sold-Out Exhibit Halls
SAN FRANCSICO (Jan. 17, 2014) – Opening this Sunday in San Francisco, the Winter Fancy Food Show is the largest to date. Now in its 39th year, the show features a new design, sold-out exhibit halls, and positive momentum for the $86 billion specialty food industry.
The show takes place Jan. 19 – 21, 2014, at Moscone Center. It covers a record 212,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space that will be filled with more than 80,000 specialty foods and beverages from across the U.S. and 35 countries and regions. Registration remains open online throughout the show at fancyfoodshows.com and in person at Moscone Center.
“The Winter Fancy Food Show is setting a confident tone for the year ahead,” says Ann Daw, president of the Specialty Food Association, the show’s owner and producer. “This year’s event has more exhibitors and products for buyers to discover than ever before.
The show’s new design brings to colorful life the Specialty Food Association’s new brand for the industry: Specialty Food. Craft. Care. Joy. The brand highlights the passionate people and distinctive products behind specialty food. The design features bold graphics and larger-than-life portraits of association members that will be seen throughout the exhibit halls.
Show events include a keynote conversation with Neil Grimmer, co-founder of Plum Organics, and Deb Nelson, executive director of the Social Venture Network. Grimmer will talk about how his passion to ensure healthy eating “from high chair to the lunch box” has helped Plum skyrocket from start-up to $93 million brand in just six years.
Following Grimmer’s talk, the Specialty Food Association will present its second annual Leadership Awards honoring innovative entrepreneurs who are transforming the way the industry does business.
Other show highlights include:
More than 1,350 exhibitors from across the U.S. and 35 countries and regions
- Pavilion dedicated to 30 emerging food entrepreneurs
- Trendspotter panel comprised of food journalists and others who will declare top trends from the show
- What’s New, What’s Hot! Display with new products, gift ideas, organic products, and the latest from participants in the Specialty Food Association’s Diversity Program
- Business Builders 1-to-1, a customized match-making program for buyers and suppliers
- Full menu of seminars including “Start-up Sunday” for industry newcomers
- Award-winning sustainability program focusing on waste reduction and composting
- Major donation of specialty food to Bay Area anti-hunger programs at show’s end, enough to feed 5,000 families
About Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs who bring craft, care and joy to the distinctive foods they produce. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,000 members in the U.S. and abroad the tools, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association (formerly the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc.) owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Show, and presents the sofi Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com.