[wpg width=”300″ height=”300″ align=”right”]
Chefs and Operators Can Save $3.00 per Case with Knouse Foods’ Rebate Offer.
Peach Glen, PA, April 8, 2013—Musselman’s Apple Butter is a healthier solution for chefs and operators looking to create distinctive flavors without adding cholesterol or fat. Made with wholesome ingredients including apples, sugar, apple cider, cinnamon, cloves and allspice, apple butter is lower in calories than other spreads. Ideal for any day part, apple butter’s signature taste can be utilized in a broad range of menu applications including marinades, dips, entrées and more.
With only 30 calories per tablespoon, apple butter is a delicious substitute to butter, margarine, jam, peanut butter and honey. Knouse Foods features smart ways chefs and operators can incorporate its smooth, velvet-like texture into a variety of dishes and condiments:
- Apple Butter Bacon Pizza: apple butter, onions, balsamic, bacon, pecans and Gouda cheese meld to create a slightly sweet and savory pizza topping.
- Spiced Apple Butter Swedish Meatballs: meatballs are blended with apple butter, onions and crumbs then baked and finished with a rich allspice and honey flavored sauce.
- Apple Butter Baked Oatmeal: apple butter, cinnamon, maple syrup and almonds are baked together for a wholesome breakfast option.
- Signature Sauces & Marinades: combine equal parts apple butter and chile sauce to create a signature sauce or marinade. Add liquid smoke or chipotle concentrate for added depth. Great on chicken wings, ribs and pork chops.
- Dips & Toppings: great on a kids’ menu, offer a healthier dip with chicken fingers and sweet potato fries. Also a tasty and fat-free alternative to cinnamon butter on sweet potatoes.
“Made with nutritious apples and a flavorful blend of spices, Musselman’s Apple Butter adds depth of flavor to diners’ favorite meals without the extra calories,” said Todd Michael, Director of Foodservice Sales for Knouse Foods. “Apple butter is another way chefs can appeal to patrons’ desire for delicious meals that are low in fat and cholesterol.”
Knouse Foods is offering a $3.00 per case rebate offer on Musselman’s Apple Butter orders until June 1, 2013. Maximum rebate amount is $75 per operator.
For more menu ideas and product and rebate information, visit www.knousefoodservice.com.