Leaders from S&D Coffee & Tea, the nation’s largest custom coffee roaster, will share their competence in a variety of ways at this year’s Re:Co Symposium and Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) Expo.
S&D’s involvement represents the breadth and depth of the company’s knowledge of the specialty coffee industry. The following individuals from S&D will share critical insights and capabilities.
John Buckner, Vice President of Marketing
• Re:Co Symposium session speaker – The Language of Coffee Among Millennials Today and How They Think about Sustainability
• Lecture presenter – Expanded version of the Re:Co Symposium Talk
Tarnisha Casley, R&D Beverage Technologist
• Lead instructor for Introduction to Sensory Analysis (GE200)
Helen Griffith, Director of Marketing
• Panel participant – Express Yourself: Coffee Companies Explain Their Marketing Strategies
Brent Hall, Manager of Product Innovation
• U.S. Barista Competition judge
• Examiner for the Barista Level 1 Practical Exam
David Piza, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability
• Panel moderator – Exploring the Cost of Sustainable Production: Tactics and Output [Part 2]
Dr. Maya Zuniga, Director of Product Innovation
• Re:Co Symposium session speaker – Cold Brew: Category or Craze?
• Lead instructor for Consumer Product Taste Testing: Coffee (GE308)
• Lecture presenter – Coffee Flavor Profiles and Consumer Preferences
“The number of individuals slated to lead classes, give lectures and participate on panels as part of the SCAA event is unprecedented for S&D,” said Buckner. “We value the opportunity to share our expertise and connect with our industry peers at this important industry event.”
Additionally, S&D Coffee & Tea is once again the sponsor of the Symposium Fellowship Program, which was created to grant access to individuals who might not otherwise be able to attend this event. Symposium Fellows are future and current leaders in specialty coffee, shaping the conversation and designing a brighter tomorrow for coffee.
S&D Coffee & Tea will also be exhibiting as part of the SCAA Expo. Visitors may stop by booth #1025 for learn more about the company’s roasting capabilities and sustainability practices, sample S&D products and speak with the team.
Re:co Symposium will be held April 13-14, 2016, followed by The SCAA Expo which runs April 14-17. Both events are in Atlanta.