Peet’s Coffee Celebrates Summer with “Coffee Meets Coconut” Beverages
EMERYVILLE, California—May 18, 2016—Peet’s Coffee® is proud to announce that from today to August 30, 2016, the company will offer four new and deliciously distinctive coconut beverages as part of its summer menu. At once familiar and exotic, coconut is the perfect summer flavor—a mini-vacation in a cup. The special menu includes:
• Coconut Crème Latte ($3.55 – $4.80)—Classic latte blended with real coconut cream, freshly steamed milk and coconut syrup.
• Coconut Black Tie ($3.15 – $4.60)—Baridi Cold Brew and coconut syrup (in place of chicory syrup normally used), layered on top of sweetened condensed milk and topped with half and half to create a sweet, smooth, and aromatic taste.
• Coconut Crème Javiva ($4.00 – 5.00)—Creamy Javiva, always made with fresh coffee (never instant or powdered coffee), flavored with coconut syrup, and topped with a dairy-free, real whipped coconut cream. Customize: light, dairy-free, coffee-free and with espresso.
• Coconut Solstice Ice Tea ($2.75 – $3.85)—Summer Solstice Black Iced Tea with coconut syrup and milk.
“Coconut has always been popular amongst our customers, so we’re thrilled to bring it back in a big way,” said Patrick Main, Senior R&D Manager at Peet’s Coffee. “We know that many customers will be pleased with these authentic and fresh-tasting coconut beverages, particularly as we introduce Whipped Coconut Cream as a topping option. Made with real coconut cream lightly sweetened with cane sugar, this is the perfect non-dairy alternative to whipped cream.”
Peet’s Whipped Coconut Cream topping will be a permanent addition to the menu and can be substituted across beverages.
In addition to the launch of these new beverages, Peet’s is celebrating summer with a special Javiva Happy Hour from May 19th through August 25th:
• Timing: Every Thursday afternoon from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM
• Details: $3 Small Javivas (and $1 off Medium/Large)
The Happy Hour is available only at Peet’s Retail Cafés and Capital One locations. It excludes airports, supermarket, and other licensed locations.
About Peet’s Coffee:
Peet’s Coffee® is a U.S. specialty coffee company founded by Alfred Peet in 1966 in Berkeley, California. Today, Peet’s upholds its commitment to delivering a premium product by continuing to source the world’s best beans, hand-roast in small batches, and craft every beverage by hand. Peet’s asserts a strict standard of freshness to ensure optimum flavor, including a unique direct store delivery network serving over 13,000 grocery stores to personally vet the freshness date on every bag. Peet’s is dedicated to growing its business through its retail, grocery and e-commerce channels while maintaining the superior quality of its coffee. Peet’s is also proud of its status as the first LEED® Gold certified roastery in the United States. For more information, visit www.peets.com. Stay connected to Peet’s: @peetscoffee on Twitter and Instagram and facebook.com/peets.
# # #