KonaRed Increases Sales and Retail Placements via Splash Beverage Group
KonaRed Corporation (OTCBB/OTCQB: KRED), manufacturers of Antioxidant Juices and nutritional supplements from the exclusive Hawaiian CoffeeBerry®, coffee fruit from Kona, Hawaii, today announced highlights from a report from its beverage distributor Splash Beverage Group, Inc., including increases in sales and placements in key retail stores nationwide.
In April 2014, KonaRed engaged Splash to manage all KonaRed beverage distribution within the U.S. to quickly and effectively expand distribution. This quarterly report covers the three months ended June 30, 2014. During this period Splash has contributed sales of 54%, $341,235, to KonaRed. Highlights are as follows:
Distributor Contracts Increase:
- Splash added 12 new purchasing contracts to KonaRed’s distribution network.
- Additional distributors are projected to come on line in July 2014.
- 2100+ stores are reporting repeat KonaRed beverage sales.
- KonaRed is supporting Walmart with 100 in-store product demonstrations scheduled for August 2014.
- Splash has secured national authorizations for placement of KonaRed beverages in 2000 Kroger stores including Ralphs, Fred Meyer, King Soopers and more.
- Initial orders for Kroger Stores were shipped in early July to the chain’s South-Central Kroger division in Texas through Jakes Finer Foods.
- Kroger banner store Ralphs, in the Western states, has begun to carry KonaRed.
- Fresh Markets:
- Burris Distribution (Greensboro, NC) is now accepting delivery of all 10.5oz. KonaRed drink products, including original Coffeeberry®, Coffeeberry® with Organic Green Tea and Coffeeberry® with Coconut Water.
- Splash has received commitments from Fresh Markets to merchandise KonaRed in its water aisle and deli sections in all stores.
- Speedee Mart and Terrible Herbst:
- The two dominant convenience and gas chains in the Las Vegas market are now receiving KonaRed through Southern Wine and Spirits and have seen weekly increases in sales volumes.
- Northern California independent markets:
- Geyser Beverage is now distributing KonaRed to more than 100 independent retailers in the Bay area and surrounding communities
KonaRed’s CEO Shaun Roberts commented: “Our relationship with Splash is providing an extremely effective way to expand our distribution reach. Increasing sales is our key focus and we’re pleased with Splash’s successes to date and see momentum building for the future. We look forward to working with Splash to make KonaRed available to consumers throughout the U.S.”
About KonaRed Corporation
KonaRed Corporation produces health and wellness nutritional products including beverages and supplements, which bring the attributes of Hawaiian Coffee fruit to an international consumer market. Our business was established on August 22, 2008 and our first sales were achieved in February 2009. On October 4, 2013 KonaRed became publicly traded company and trades under the symbol KRED on the OTCBB and OTCQB. KonaRed, through a licensing agreement with VDF FutureCeuticals, Inc., utilizes innovative, state of the art, proprietary processes that produce antioxidant extracts and powders from Hawaiian Coffee Fruit, which are used to produce KonaRed’s Antioxidant Juices, Organic Green Teas, and On-the-Go Packs. KonaRed Corporation is headquartered in Koloa, Hawaii, and its distribution is centered in San Clemente, California. KonaRed products are sold in select Kroger, Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, Safeway, Walmart, 7-Eleven, and many other retail outlets throughout the US and Canada. More information about KonaRed and its products can be found at www.konared.com.
About Splash Beverage Group, Inc.
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Splash Beverage Group (SBG) manufactures, markets and distributes all-natural, ‘good-for-you’ beverages to retailers nationwide. Its portfolio of healthy beverage brands includes KonaRed Coffeeberry® products, TapouT performance drinks and Bruce (Lee) Tea RTD tea products. SBG has also started a spirits division with the introduction of SALT flavored tequila. SBG is comprised of beverage industry veterans, many of whom have been in the industry for over 20 years. SBG executives were previously responsible for the market development and rollout of brands such as Marley’s Mellow Mood, Red Bull, Sparkling Ice, and Bolthouse Farms among others. SBG operates as a brand owner or equity partner with their brands. The company formed a strategic alliance with KonaRed in first quarter 2014.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain information contained in this press release, including any information as to our strategy, plans or future financial or operating performance and other statements that express management’s expectations or estimates of future performance, constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Action of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. The words “believe,” “expect,” “will,” “anticipate,” “contemplate,” “target,” “plan,” “continue,” “budget,” “may,” “intend,” “estimate,” “project” and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, certain delays beyond the company’s control with respect to its plans or operations. Our actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors, including, without limitation those set forth as “Risk Factors” in our filings with the SEC which can be found at www.sec.gov. There may be other factors not mentioned above or included in the Company’s SEC filings that may cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in any forward-looking statement. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.