Written by two seasoned coffee connoisseurs, Simone Egger and Ruby Ashby Orr share insights and advice from crop to cup and beyond. The book begins with the coffee bean and guides readers from the bean’s origin (and how that affects taste) to the perfect cup—be it an espresso or a latte. Along the way, readers are given all the steps they need to master the art of home brewing:
• Roast your own beans (Did you know you can repurpose your popcorn maker?)
• Learn all the lingo you need to talk coffee like a pro
• Refine your palate (Hint: try it black!)
• Master the elusive espresso (by refining tamp, time, and temperature)
• Create barista-worthy milk texture and foam designs
• Try eight different ways to brew—from the French press to the Turkish ibrik
This beautifully designed book is the ultimate handbook for seasoned professionals and beginners alike—it’s the easiest way to turn a delicious drink into a hobby (if you want!). Full of easy-to-understand diagrams, pictures, and step-by-step instructions, readers can dip in and out of the book and focus on those topics that interest them most. After all, becoming your own favorite barista only requires that you master your coffee beverage of choice!
The attractive package makes this book ideal for gifting, although readers are likely to want to keep the copy for themselves! Full of all the secrets to brewing coffee worthy of even the priciest cafes, The Home Barista is perfect for those looking to cut back on their coffee budget or those simply on the hunt for the perfect cup, be it cold, hot, pressed, or espressed.