“Labeling Redefined” theme highlights leadership, innovation and collaboration
MENTOR, Ohio — October 28, 2012 — Avery Dennison Corporation will build on its industry leadership and history of innovation with the introduction of several groundbreaking labeling, facestock and adhesive technologies at Pack Expo 2012.
The packaging industry’s premier trade show runs October 28 -31, at McCormick Place, in Chicago. Avery Dennison is located in Booth 2556 in the South Hall.
“This year’s focus on Labeling Redefined highlights the evolution of our core technology to help companies fulfill their brand- and business-building ambitions,” said Don Nolan, president, Materials Group. “We will introduce innovations at Pack Expo that deliver significant sustainability and shelf impact through the use of pressure-sensitive materials.”
At the show, Avery Dennison will demonstrate a variety of new products, technologies and services, including:
- The new Bottle-to-Bottle (B2B) Film portfolio, which is designed for the PET recycling stream to conserve resources and reduce landfill waste.
- Prime Film Portfolio of clear, white and metalized facestocks anchored with the new, proprietary S7000 adhesive that improves productivity, sustainability and conformability.
- Avery Dennison™Shrink PS a patent-pending, pressure-sensitive label for shrink wrap bags that delivers operational efficiency and crisp graphics.
- Fasson Curvy™ labels combine with the Curve Appeal™ application system to label complex curved surfaces delivering improved graphics, and enhanced shelf appeal and branding impact.
- Wash-Off label that cleanly curls and releases with no adhesive residue from a glass bottle in a warm caustic bath providing brands with the ability to meet aggressive recycling targets.
- MultiCycle™ labels which allow for more than 30 cycles through the glass returnable system to deliver the impact of pressure-sensitive graphics at a lower cost and environmental impact.
- Plasma Labels are clear pressure–sensitive labels that conform and adhere completely to frozen blood/plasma bags which allows re–labeling and improves value chain accuracy
- Z3338 Adhesivethat is engineered to perform in heavy condensation environments, resulting in consistent label positioning and improved ice bucket and cold box performance.
Many of these innovations deliver sustainable solutions for brand owners. “We have heard very clearly about the importance of innovations focused on improving sustainability,” said Nolan. “As a market leader, we have a responsibility to develop branding, packaging and supply chain solutions that contribute to a more sustainable planet. Today we are utilizing collaborative innovation across key industry disciplines to place our company and our customers at the center of a new wave of innovations. It is a very exciting time for our industry.”