73% Of Baristas Would Rather Be Interacting With Customers Than Manually Making Coffee
A series of polls of the Barista Hustle coffee community have revealed what baristas most enjoy about their job, after receiving 2,796 responses from baristas worldwide.
Baristas were asked what their favourite part of their job is. The ‘satisfaction of producing a good cup of coffee’ came top (39%), with ‘customer interaction’ (33%) and ‘being able to explore coffee’ (21%) close behind. The manual side of coffee, ‘grinding and brewing’, only received 0.6% of the vote.
This was echoed by the 73% that somewhat or strongly agreed that they’d rather be interacting with customers and exploring coffee instead of making it. Baristas were also asked what their least favourite part of the job is, and while ‘customer interaction’ featured on that list, it only had 8% of the vote.
The polls were hosted on a closed Facebook group run by Barista Hustle founder Matthew Perger. Matt comments: “The results show that baristas enjoy the satisfaction of making great coffee more than the manual-side to coffee making. Customer interaction, coffee exploration, and great coffee are respectably their top priorities. I believe that once a coffee professional understands that their profession requires more intellect and emotion than mindless repetitive labour, we’ll see significant increases in the satisfaction of those priorities. This is a good thing for humans on both sides of the bar.”
The series of three polls were hosted on the Barista Hustle closed Facebook group from 07-25 September. In total the polls received 2,796 responses. The polls were shared by Matt Perger and the Barista Hustle Facebook group to bring even more relevance to Eversys’ #theloveofcoffee campaign. The campaign will build to the launch of Eversys’ next generation super-automatic espresso machine at HOST on 20 October.
About Eversys SA:
Eversys is a Swiss manufacturer of coffee equipment. It specialises in innovative design of super-automatic coffee machines, built to make outstanding beverages. Its vision to bridge the gap between traditional Italian coffee equipment with the speed and electronic intelligence of the super-automatic machine means coffee quality in the cup is delivered every time.
• Eversys, founded by Jean-Paul In-Albon and Robert Bircher in 2009 is a privately owned Swiss company. Since June 2017 the stock listed Italian De’Longhi Group is a strategic and financial partner of Eversys with a stake of 40%
• Eversys technology delivers the quality of traditional coffee making equipment with the speed and intelligence of super-automation
• Eversys super-automatic coffee machines allow operators to keep labour and training costs to a minimum while delivering a superior cup of coffee
• Every machine is handcrafted in Ardon, Switzerland. The Swiss-made label stands for high quality materials, precise manufacturing and for the best results and reliability
• Each machine is designed and built in modular format meaning efficient servicing
• Eversys machines are supplied to the out of home market globally, including coffee shops, restaurants, and contract caterers
• Eversys’ unique e’Connect telemetry technology provides real time machine data to allow operators to manage their business