Asia first coffee focused forum “World Coffee Leaders Forum” opens to discuss and share the facing issues, environmental problem and sustainability.
- World Coffee Leaders Forum that is the Asia’s first coffee focused forum deals with facing market, environmental and sustainability issues at Coex Conference Center Hall E, in Nov 23(Fri), 2012.
- Approximately 700 attendees from around the world will attend this year. As well as the Coffee Organization and Association from the world such as Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Savador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Peru, Rwanda, U.S etc, will attend to World Coffee Leaders Forum.
- Asian Market growth as the big part of world coffee market. Asian countries are consist with producing and consuming countries such as Japan that is 3rd biggest coffee consuming country, Korea that is most attractive emerging market, China and Japan that are most of potential market of the world, Vietnam that is 1st biggest coffee exporting countries, Indonesia that is home of specialty coffee and so on. Also, consuming coffee steadily increasing in quantitatively as well as qualitatively with economic development. Asian countries followed developed countries to keep up the pace, but from now on, these countries should lead and find the global trends, industrial development and solution for treat of industry independently. On hence, World Coffee Leaders Forum will be a place to discuss the trends and blueprint of global coffee industry with changed status and responsibilities of Asian countries.
- Moreover,World Coffee Leaders Forumselected environmental issues, sustainable development and theme of sessions. Authentic development of coffee industry will be achieve when consumer and producer develop together. However, producers and consumers care only about their own side. Environmental issues and sustainable development is very important issue to Asian countries that coexist consuming and producing countries. Effect the Abnormal climate to coffee producers and it’s solution will be discuss with real case study for better development model. On the other hands, Forum will provide a blueprint for the future by introducing fair trade and programs between producer and consumer.
Title: World Coffee Leaders Forum
Date: November 23 (Fri), 2012
Venue: Coex Convention Center, Hall E, Seoul, Korea
Agenda: Global Coffee Industry Trends and Challenge of Asian Market
Official Languages: English, Korean
Expected Number of Participant: 600 people from 20 countries
- The history and trends of World Coffee Market and Asian Market’s Position
- Effect of Environment Change to Coffee Produce
- Partnership between Consumer and Producer
World Coffee Leaders Forum Organizing Committee
4F Baekyoung Bldg, 151-2 Samsung-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
T. +82.2.6000.6678 / 6711 F. +82.2.2051.3326 E. email@example.com
- Registration Fee
Online registration: Oct 29(Mon) ~ Nov 15(Thu), 2012 at www.wclforum.org
Regular: KRW 140,000
Student: KRW 80,000
Cafe Show Exhibitor: KRW 100,000
Group: KRW 100,000 (Contact with Committee firstname.lastname@example.org)
Onsite registration: Nov 23(Fri), 2012 at Coex Convention Center
Regular: KRW 200,000
Student: KRW 100,000
Cafe Show Exhibitor: KRW 150,000
Group: KRW 150,000
- Program details
Session 1 “Trend of Global Coffee Market and Position of Asian Market”
Period: November, 23rd, 10:40 ~ 12:00
Speech 1.History and Trends of World Coffee Market
Speech 2.Potential and Possibilities of Asian Market
Speaker 1.Mr. Robert F. Nelson (NCA)
Speaker 2.Mr. Santiago Pardo (FNC)
– World Coffee industry changed dynamically for many years. World Coffee Leaders Forum will look into
the history to forecast future. Also, it will be great chance to follow up new trends of industry.
Asian Market that is the most attractive and potential market in the world will discuss in the Session 1.
Session 2 “Effect of Climate Change on Coffee and its Response”
Period: November, 23rd, 13:20 ~ 15:00
Speech 1.Green bean buyer’s experience at producing countries
Speech 2.Climate Change case study
Speaker 1.Mr. Morten Wennersgaard (Nordic Approach)
Speaker 2.Mr. Christian Bunn (CIAT)
Speaker 3.Dr. Flavio Meria Borem (Universidade Federal de Lavras)
– Environment change and abnormal climate threat to coffee production. It became matter of life and
death to coffee producers. Especially to Asian market, producing countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia,
are directly connect with supply of coffee produce to neighbor market. Environmental change is no
longer some distance future problem. World Coffee Leaders Forum will discuss with Environmental
experts works in Producing and Consuming countries with diversified view points.
Session 3 “Sustainability development between Producer and Consumer”
Period: November, 23rd, 15:20 ~ 17:30
Speech 1.Realistic relationship improvement between Producer and Consumer
Speech 2.Realistic data approach that COE programs
Speech 3.The rise of Sustainability, the rise of Asia, and the interdependencies between the two”
Speech 4.Relationship between producer and Consumer perspective of MAG
Panel Discussion.Draw conclusion through discussion about Partnership case study and sustainability development
Speaker 1.Ms. Susie Spindler (COE)
Speaker 2.Ms. Cate Baril (Sustainable Harvest Company)
Speaker 3.Mr. Mark Fruniss (VolCafe)
Speaker 4.Ms. Xinia Chaves Quiros (VolCafe)
– It is easy to find programs to strengthen the relationship between producer and global coffee
relate companies. Also, many associations try to create helpful programs to producers.
World Coffee Leaders Forum look forward to discuss about sustainable development programs
with partnership programs that occur in real life. Non-profit organization and global trade
company will participate at Forum.