Update Includes Custom Register, Colored Buttons, QuickBooks Integration via Retail Intel & Smart Printing to Multiple Stations
NEW YORK, NY – November 15, 2013—ShopKeep® POS, the cloud-based point of sale system designed by retailers for retailers, today announced several new features that will save store owners precious time at the register and in the office.
“This release is all about speed and efficiency,” said Jason Richelson, Founder and CEO of ShopKeep POS. “It’s about faster transactions, shorter lines and automating manual tasks to make it easier and more efficient for store owners to run their businesses.”
A customizable register and new design shaves seconds off each transaction.
● 3,000 buttons can be customized with nine colors and easily navigated with a simple ‘jump’ bar.
● Retailers can ‘jump’ between groups – like ‘sandwiches’, ‘drinks’ or ‘best sellers’ – and quickly locate items by color.
● Joel Branson of One Girl Cookies in Brooklyn, NY has noticed a big difference: “As a busy bakery and café we utilize eight full pages of buttons. In many cases the number of touches to make a sale has halved, and we’re saving around five to ten seconds per transaction where we need to look up multiple items. Our customers love the speed and it’s easy for new staff to pick up.”
QuickBooks® integration via Retail Intel automates accounting to save small businesses hours every week.
● ShopKeep POS has partnered with Retail Intel to allow retailers to automatically populate QuickBooks with up-to-date store data, eliminating the need for a time consuming daily journal entry. Retail Intel is a cloud-based service that automatically transfers sales data directly from the ShopKeep POS BackOffice to QuickBooks.
● Mike Sickler, Retail Intel CEO & Co-Founder commented: “The integration takes what is one of the least enjoyable aspects of running a brick and mortar store and makes it seamless. It gives retailers more time, less headaches and cleaner, more trustworthy accounting. Even if they are months behind in their books, retailers can be caught-up in minutes.”
● Costs will vary based on the number of store locations.
Additional updates include:
● A new printing methodology for increased speed and reliability.
● High volume quick serve restaurants can print tickets to multiple stations, like the kitchen, bar or barista.
● Retailers with limited space, like food trucks, can print receipts and tickets to the same printer, and take advantage of wireless Bluetooth printing.
● Updated Z and X Reports for instant reporting.
● Complete flexibility to discount transactions by $ or %.
● Full return support for items purchased by Split Tender.
All new features are available today by downloading version 1.6.3 of the ShopKeep POS app, and a video demonstration of the new features is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGu2yqcjQcA
About ShopKeep® POS
The simplest way to make smarter business decisions, ShopKeep POS provides cloud based point-of-sale software for managing retail shops and restaurants. Founded and designed by a merchant, we understand the challenges of growing a retail business. We’re dedicated to supporting our customer’s success with intuitive, reliable software. At only $49/month, ShopKeep POS allows retailers nationwide to set-up their registers in minutes, accept cash and credit cards with their choice of processor, view real-time sales from their phone or web browser with our dashboard app, and easily track inventory and staff. Most importantly, our retailers can call our award-winning customer care team seven days a week and know we’ll be there. Everything we do is about supporting retailers. Find out more and sign up at www.shopkeep.com