360+ Companies Lead with Quality, Passion at Top International Trade Event
NEW YORK (Dec. 19, 2013) – More than 360 food artisans and entrepreneurs from across the Golden State will display their latest products from micro-greens to craft sodas at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco.
The show is the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods and beverages on the West Coast. It takes place January 19 – 21, 2014, at Moscone Center. Now in its 39th year, the show features 13,000 exhibitors from across the U.S. and around the world.
California boasts the largest state showing, including 40 specialty food producers making their show debut. The state brings nearly four times the exhibitors as the next largest showing from New York, followed by New Jersey, Washington and Illinois. More than 18,000 buyers from top names in retailing and restaurants are expected to attend the event to discover the new products and trends for their menus and stores from both domestic and international exhibitors.
“California food makers continue to pave the way with distinctive food products crafted with premium ingredients and flavor profiles,” says Ann Daw, president of the Specialty Food Association, which owns and produces the Winter Fancy Food Show. “Their culinary creativity will be evident throughout.”
The show will feature an entire new look that supports the Specialty Food Association’s new brand: “Specialty Food. Craft. Care. Joy.” The brand highlights the people and products behind the small businesses that fuel the $86 billion specialty food industry. The new brand will be depicted with bold graphics and giant portraits of exhibitors–several from California–on banners and signs throughout the exhibit halls.
Among the California exhibitors are:
- Bucha Live Kombucha, Torrance – flavored kombucha teas
- Califia Farms, Bakersfield – almond milks
- Fresh Origins, San Marcos – micro-greens, herb and flower crystals
- The Good Bean, Berkeley – roasted chickpea snacks
- Heidi’s Salsa, Los Angeles – artisan salsas
- Laughing Giraffe Organics, Lafayette –cookies, granola
- Praline Patisseries, San Diego – artisan caramel sauces
- Taste Nirvana, Walnut – coconut water
- Three Twins Ice Cream, Petaluma – organic ice cream
- Wallaby Organic Yogurt, American Canyon – organic low-fat kefir
Savor California, a show exhibitor, will bring together 30 niche producers to offer a statewide sampling of specialty foods, including from these show newcomers:
- Cocoa Parlor/Tonic Scene, Dana Point – organic raw chocolate bars
- Fava Life, San Francisco – fava bean hummus
- Meyenberg Goat Milk Products, Turlock – milk, butter, cheese
- P*de*Q, Fresno – tapioca cheese bread
- Silk Road Soda, Roseville – flavored sodas
For a full list of exhibitors, click here.
The Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event. The Specialty Food Association provides complimentary press badges to qualified media. Learn more and register.
About Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs who bring craft, care and joy to the distinctive foods they produce. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,000 members in the U.S. and abroad the tools, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association (formerly the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc.) owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Show, and presents the sofi Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com